Friday, February 25, 2005

Why I currently dig Bravo...

Two reasons:

Reason 1. Project Runway



For several years now I haven't been able to commit to a television show. I don't know what it is...maybe I'm too busy trying to finish projects...maybe I'm too addicted to the internet...maybe I'm burned out on t.v? Whatever the reason, the last show I *seriously* watched was The X Files--before Mulder disappeared.

But miraculously (!) Shawnelle introduced me to Project Runway and I've been able to stick with it for more than a few episodes. Progress! Now if I can only attach myself to a runaway hit like "Lost" or "Desperate Housewives," I can become the t.v. junkie I used to be in my youth. Ummm...maybe it's better if I don't.

Reason 2. The Sarah Jones Show



A few parting words of wisdom: Sarah Jones is a genius! Her one-woman special aired on Bravo Sunday night. I'm only sorry that I didn't work harder to see her when Shawnelle suggested that we catch her show in the Bay Area. *sniff* I don't know what I was thinking! But I'm sure it was meant for me to see her now to remind me that artists who remain true to their passion paint the most vivid pictures--in Sarah's case, through poetry and theater.

If you've never heard of Sarah Jones or her work, do yourself a favor and just tap on the above link. Props to Bravo for exposing the masses to such a dynamic talent!

Nee