Saturday, November 13, 2004

"Green light...Red Light" Blues

The cell phone went off in Albertson's as Shawnee and I shopped for some much needed food.

"You pick it up," Shawnee thrust the cell phone in my face.

I've been throwing around her (local) cell phone digits ever since the move--not sure how soon I'd be back in the 510--holding on to my old cell number like Lionel's security blanket. It could've been our screenwriting professor calling to ask why we've been MIA for two consecutive weeks... Shawnee wasn't up for any explanations.

Too late.

The signal was lost. But all was not.

Later, while munching on lunch, we found out that a talented AD we've worked with has been campaining for us--crew positions on a feature in pre-production.

"They need storyboards." [GREENLIGHT]

He asked me if I could high-tail it to hollywood for a meeting with some storyboard examples in-tow. I pulled together what little work I've done since being in SoCAl (kicking myself for not bringing my whole portfolio with me) and was on my way. To hell with the fish and fries, I was a woman on a mission: for a storyboarding gig. Hot damn!

En route...

[REDLIGHT]

Shawnee gets a call: "We'll meet tomorrow."

The fries are cold, but my determination is red hot. We'll see what happens tomorrow...

===

[GREENLIGHT]

We are up to our neck in work on the pilot for a new series we're creating, for competition. This time our protag is a hero instead of a heroine. It'll be creepy, dark, but loads of fun for young people. ...will keep you posted...

==

Please believe we are still devoted to Adopted by Aliens. We are currently tweaking the audio for Episode 3. Joking and giggling as we recall what happened in the recording booth. When we finally put the dvd together get ready to laugh harder--some of the outtakes are real treasures!!!

--Nelle